Happy 2023! While I’m not big on New Year’s Resolutions (because statistically speaking, only 9% of resolutions are successful) I am big on manifesting and setting intentions.
What’s The Difference Between Resolutions, Intentions, & Manifesting?
A Resolution is about being resolute, firm, and decisive. The energy around resolutions is harsh and you either succeed or you fail. There is no middle ground.
An Intention is a plan, something that you aim for. The energy around intention is softer. There is room for so-called “error” and as long as you are facing in the right direction, aiming towards the target, still wanting the thing that you intend, you are on track.
Manifesting means to make evident or certain by showing or displaying. Contrary to popular believe, this is not about magic-ing red corvettes our of thin air. Manifesting is about making something evident by showing or displaying yourself in a certain state of being.
Stick with me here.
- If you want to manifest peace and joy, your task is to display or show yourself as peaceful and joyful.
- If you want to find healing, your task is to display or show yourself as healed.
- If you want to find love, abundance, or success, your task is to display or show yourself as love, abundance, or success.
Not by masking up and pretending. Not by being pretentious or lying about how you feel. Not by Resolving to feel differently than you do. That’s false positivity or spiritual bypassing and it doesn’t work.
- But by intending to be peaceful and joyful in the midst of chaos.
- By intending to be healed and whole in the midst of being broken.
- By intending to be love, abundance, and successful in the midst of heartbreak, poverty, and failure.
It s a subtle but powerful shift that moves mountains!
What Do You Intend to Manifest This Year?
This year I intend to be successful. In staying present, receiving love, honoring my body, heart and desires, in health, in my business, in anything that endeavor to do. Not by being perfect or “winning” but by showing or displaying myself as successful no matter what’s going on around me.
Bomb a speech? Launch an unsuccessful program? Screw up and fight with my kids? Overeat and neglect to work out? You name it, I am going to give myself the gift of seeing myself as successful in every circumstance. Because if I can’t see myself as I intend to be, how I can I expect others to? How can I expect it to be?
What about you? What are you going to manifest this year?
Happy New Year!