Emotional flooding, depression, grief, and explosive rage are just some of the big emotions that the betrayed partner feels after infidelity. Triggers and anniversary dates are everywhere and just when you think you have things under control, you are flooded by a new wave of intrusive thoughts, grief, or pain. Here are three tips and one exercise that you can use to manage your big emotions whenever, and wherever they may strike.
- Moving out of a “quick fix” mentality and into a process-oriented mentality.
- Why it’s okay to feel big emotions, it takes practice to learn how to feel emotions, and numbing emotions doesn’t work out in the end.
- The top three ways to feel, process, and control your emotions: Leaning in, leaning out, and becoming a neutral observer.
- Pendulation: A somatic, guided exercise to feel both the negative and the positive emotions that are lodged in your body right now, so you can release them, heal, and feel better today!
Lora Cheadle is an infidelity survivor and Betrayal Recovery Coach who uses the concepts in burlesque to help women reclaim their identity and self-worth after betrayal so they can untangle from the past, overcome obsessive thoughts, and learn to trust themselves again so they can move forward with confidence, embrace their sexy, and create a life they love!
Download your Sparkle After Betrayal Recovery Guide at www.BetrayalRecoveryGuide.com and start reclaiming yourself and your life today!
One-on-one affair recovery coaching for women who have been cheated on by their intimate partner who are committed to:
- Overcoming the devastation, pain, and obsessive thoughts and reclaiming peace,
- Rebuilding trust in themselves, their intuition, and the world,
- Making sense of their story regardless of their partner’s participation,
- Reconciling the life they have now with the life they thought they’d have,
- Moving on with confidence and clarity – whether they are working things out with their partner or moving on alone, and
- Bringing themselves back to life again, stronger and happier than before!